Sweet Oaks is a picturesque multi-purpose facility that includes an equestrian riding center, wine production facility and wedding, event, and concert venue on the property. Our mission is to deliver memorable experiences to our customers by providing legendary service, quality, and value.
We believe that good people can build a great company – and at Sweet Oaks, we continue to grow! We’re looking for versatile, knowledgeable and passionate individuals for a variety of exciting positions.
At Sweet Oaks, we are building a new type of team. One that is dynamic, open, and collaborative and provides new experiences every day. We value our employees and we are committed to their success.
The Wine Club Manager is responsible for the overall development of all winery events and strategic planning for the wine club. We are looking for someone to create engagement of our customers and cultivate new customer relationships. We are looking for a leader with a strong background in customer service, hospitality and experience in retail wine sales, events and club management. Ability to work weekends and holidays as needed.
Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Create engaging events that drive sales, customer retention and attracts new guests to the winery.
· Host wine club member event weekends.
· Events inclusive of dinners, luncheons, winery sponsorships with various foundations/the arts.
· Rentals of our event venue for private customers or used for philanthropic purposes.
· Working with restaurant partners, vendors and coordinating all details associated with creating unique and memorable experiences.
· Strategic vision for wine club inclusive of featured wines, growth opportunities, membership retention.
· Estimate case sales, manage inventory and anticipate growth for Club tiers.
· Tracking memberships for commission and reporting purposes.
· Training, motivating and encouraging staff to sell club memberships.
· Hosting Club Members in tasting room or private seated tastings as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
· Experience in hospitality, events, restauraunt management, tasting rooms and POS systems highly preffered.
· Creative writing skills required with a strong attention to detail in written and verbal communication.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule, inclusive of weekends, throughout the year.
· Ability to lift and move furniture, cases of wine or other aspects associated with set up and breakdown of events.
· Over 21 years of age
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Outgoing, well spoken, professional and polite
· Collaboration Skills
· Ethical Conduct
· Must be able to work rapidly and accurately, performing multiple tasks simultaneously.
The Wine Club Manager role has supervisory responsibilities.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and typical work hours and days may vary. Work schedules are subject to change based upon business necessity. Must be able to work weekends.
Less than 5%
This would require the ability to be on your feet all day and lift 40 pounds, lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions, strength to lift and carry files weighing up to 10 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
It is the policy of Sweet Oaks Ranch to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and/or expression, national origin or citizenship, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, and compensation. In addition, Sweet Oaks Ranch will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.