Sweet Oaks is a picturesque multi-purpose facility that includes an equestrian riding center, wine production facility and wedding, event, and concert venue on the property. Our mission is to deliver memorable experiences to our customers by providing legendary service, quality, and value.
We believe that good people can build a great company – and at Sweet Oaks, we continue to grow! We’re looking for versatile, knowledgeable and passionate individuals for a variety of exciting positions.
At Sweet Oaks, we are building a new type of team. One that is dynamic, open, and collaborative and provides new experiences every day. We value our employees and we are committed to their success.
This position provides direct support to the winemaker and manages most of our day-to-day wine production activities in pursuit of this goal. This position is responsible for maintaining wine quality, facility cleanliness, upkeep of lab and cellar equipment and supplies, handling all bottling logistics and assisting in cellar work as needed. The Assistant Winemaker is not responsible for vineyard operations; however, the position will assist as needed under the direction of the Winemaker in any vineyard related operations including data analysis, sampling, or other operations. Since this is a small, boutique operation this position is a hands-on position requiring excellent organization, logistics, cellar, and computer skills. The Assistant Winemaker must be willing and available to assist on any project deemed necessary by the Winemaker. The Assistant Winemaker must excel in working individually and as a member of a small, passionate team.
Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage the day to day cellar and winemaking activities
- Maintain cellar organization and cleanliness
- Manage InnoVint and keep up to date bulk wine inventory
- Perform/oversee/manage all lab analysis and inventory of lab, coordinate samples sent to outside labs.
- Update lab and cellar protocols and binders
- Organize, prepare and attend production tastings.
- Organize Production related archive samples and tastings related to these samples
- Cellar activities when necessary
- InnoVint management and coordination of monthly physical cellar inventories.
- Regulatory Filings associated with winemaking activities
- Recommend and organize research projects
- Assist with packaging support and organization
- Organize and manage bottling operation and QC
- Regular vineyard visits with winemaker
- Participate in additional tasks as may be requested by Winemaker and Winery Management
BS in Fermentation Science or related science field preferred.
5+ years in luxury wine production preferred.
Accuracy and attention to detail.
Strong mechanical aptitude.
Ability to multitask.
Ability to function independently and in a team.
Ability to lift heavy items (up to 50 lbs.).
Position includes extensive sitting, standing, walking.
It is the policy of Sweet Oaks Ranch to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and/or expression, national origin or citizenship, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, and compensation. In addition, Sweet Oaks Ranch will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.