Sweet Oaks is a picturesque multi-purpose facility that includes an equestrian riding center, wine production facility and wedding, event, and concert venue on the property. Our mission is to deliver memorable experiences to our customers by providing legendary service, quality, and value.
We believe that good people can build a great company – and at Sweet Oaks, we continue to grow! We’re looking for versatile, knowledgeable and passionate individuals for a variety of exciting positions.
At Sweet Oaks, we are building a new type of team. One that is dynamic, open, and collaborative and provides new experiences every day. We value our employees and we are committed to their success.
The Tasting Room Manager, is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations for our tasting room and events, including but not limited to, inventory, supplies management and training /communication with the department. This individual will lead the team in both daily operational functions, while also focusing on the financial, promotional and club acquisitions targets and achieving metrics of the Sweet Oaks. We are seeking an enthusiastic individual with strong interpersonal skills and wine knowledge who will interact and chat with people to promote an exceptional visitor experience. Ability to work weekends and holidays as needed.
Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Assisting customers in the tasting room.
· Updating POS data and instructing employees on changes.
· Scheduling staff in tasting room.
· Organizing special wine events both on and off site.
· Promote tasting room and vineyard patios for rental events.
· Responsible for creating the tasting room sales environment.
· Ensure guest experience is exceptional customer service at all times.
· Financial management including tracking budget to actual performance against key tasting room metrics (i.e. visitor traffic, spirit sales, etc.) and understanding of the inter-relationship of those metrics.
· Work with customers and potential customers to plan social events, business events, private distillery tours for groups.
· Develop training programs and additional learning opportunities for staff and new hires.
· Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
· Experience in tasting rooms, event planning and POS systems required.
· Strong management history in the service and/or hospitality industry, preferably in a wine industry.
· Knowledge of regional wines.
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Outgoing, well spoken, professional and polite
· Collaboration Skills
· Ethical Conduct
· Must be able to work rapidly and accurately, performing multiple tasks simultaneously.
The Tasting Room Manager role has supervisory responsibilities.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and typical work hours and days may vary. Work schedules are subject to change based upon business necessity. Must be able to work weekends.
Less than 5%
This would require the ability to be on your feet all day and lift 40 pounds, lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions, strength to lift and carry files weighing up to 10 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
It is the policy of Sweet Oaks Ranch to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and/or expression, national origin or citizenship, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, and compensation. In addition, Sweet Oaks Ranch will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.