Sweet Oaks is a picturesque multi-purpose facility that includes an equestrian riding center, wine production facility and wedding, event, and concert venue on the property. Our mission is to deliver memorable experiences to our customers by providing legendary service, quality, and value.
We believe that good people can build a great company – and at Sweet Oaks, we continue to grow! We’re looking for versatile, knowledgeable and passionate individuals for a variety of exciting positions.
At Sweet Oaks, we are building a new type of team. One that is dynamic, open, and collaborative and provides new experiences every day. We value our employees and we are committed to their success.
Tasting Room Associates are responsible for the overall guest experience at our tasting room. Responsibilities include pouring wine tastes and educating customers about our wines and vineyard.
Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Responsible for greeting all visitors, pouring wine tastes and educating customers about our wines.
· Handle routine sales transactions to include operating cash register, mobile sales and recording of credit card tips.
· Handle display and re-stocking of retail items and wines.
· Maintaining tasting room, clean glasses, stock shelves, light housekeeping, office work, reply to phone calls for general questions and take orders.
· Handle wine club shipments and special orders.
· Assist with special events as requested.
· Assist with retail sales.
· Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
· High school or equivalent.
· Wine knowledge is preferred.
· Tasting Room Associates must be age 21+.
· Strong customer service and sales skills
· Strong reading, writing and communication skills
· Collaboration Skills
· Ethical Conduct
· Must be able to work rapidly and accurately, performing multiple tasks simultaneously.
Tasting Room Associates have no supervisory responsibilities.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
These are part-time positions, and typical work hours may vary. Work schedules are subject to change based upon business necessity. Must be able to work weekends.
Less than 5%
This would require the ability to be on your feet all day and lift 40 pounds, lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions, strength to lift and carry files weighing up to 10 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
It is the policy of Sweet Oaks to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and/or expression, national origin or citizenship, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, and compensation. In addition, Sweet Oaks will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.